Sometimes you just want a breakfast that is both nutritious and decadent—the best of both worlds. This chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl feels rich and chocolatey despite being loaded with fruit, protein, and antioxidants. One of the best combos is chocolate and peanut butter!
A smoothie bowl is just a very thick smoothie designed to be consumed with a spoon from a bowl. Anything from nuts and oats to fresh fruit and chocolate nibs can be used as a topping.
Why you Need this Recipe
- In ten minutes, it’s done. A smoothie bowl is a convenient breakfast option if, like me, your mornings are really busy. See my ranking of the top quick and simple healthy breakfast options for children.
- Despite tasting like dessert, it is healthy. There is no refined sugar in this smoothie. Mango and bananas are used to sweeten it, and chia seeds and peanut butter are used to add protein.
- This dish is vegan and devoid of dairy. This smoothie is so creamy sans diary that you won’t even notice it’s missing.
Milk: All of the frozen fruit is broken down and made thick and creamy with the aid of unsweetened plant milk. You can substitute cashew, soy, or oat milk for the almond milk I used if you like. To avoid additional sugars, just make sure it’s unsweetened.
Frozen Banana The smoothie is thicker and sweeter with frozen bananas. Before freezing, make sure your bananas are ripe. A ripe banana is sweet because when they ripen, the starch in bananas turns into sugar. Examine the freezing of bananas.
Chunks of frozen mango are also naturally very sweet. Magnesium and potassium, which sustain wholesome nerve activity, are abundant in them.
Chia seeds I adore adding to smoothies and smoothie bowls since they are so nutrient-dense. They are naturally gluten-free and contain protein and fibre.
Peanut butter In addition to adding even more protein, peanut butter imparts a rich, nutty flavour that blends beautifully with cocoa powder. Use any nut or seed butter that you prefer (almond butter would be excellent).
Cocoa powder Despite having no additional sugar, gives this smoothie a robust chocolate flavour. Antioxidants included in cocoa powder aid in the prevention of disease and cancer. If you like, you can also use raw cacao powder.
Steps to make
Combine the milk, frozen banana, frozen mango, chia seeds, nut butter, and cocoa powder in the base of a high-speed blender.
As always, the precise ingredients and measurements are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Use a tamper to force the fruit toward the blade as the blender is set to high. To ensure that everything becomes creamy, you might need to pause the blender and scrape along the edges.
Pour the mixture into two serving bowls as soon as it becomes creamy and thick.
Add any extra toppings, then immediately eat! For advice on the top smoothie bowl garnishes, see my article.
Tips and substitution
- In the freezer department of your neighbourhood grocery store, look for frozen mango chunks.
- Let your bananas become ripe and stained before freezing. They can be cut or broken into pieces, then frozen flat on a baking sheet. After that, either use the frozen banana chunks right away or transfer them to a zip-top bag for storage. For information on freezing bananas for smoothies, see my guide.
- With the toppings for your creamy smoothie bowl, have fun! Two teaspoons of coconut flakes or shreds, one tablespoon of cacao nibs, two tablespoons of granola, and/or half of a sliced ripe banana are a few ideas.
- To make one serving, divide this recipe in half. It can also be doubled to get 4 servings.
- Feel free to add 1-2 scoops of your preferred unsweetened protein powder to this smoothie bowl if you want to use it as a meal substitute to boost the protein content. The top clean protein powders are listed on my website. Or, to add more protein, if you can handle soy, mix in some soft or silken tofu.
- Feel free to add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup if you want to make this smoothie bowl a dessert. Add a tablespoon of chocolate chips without dairy on top!
- Feel free to add 1-3 handfuls of baby kale or spinach to make a green smoothie bowl.
- The optimum time to serve smoothie bowls is straight away. Otherwise, they usually melt and turn into a standard smoothie texture.
Although this chocolate smoothie bowl is satisfying and provides a healthy meal, try serving it alongside my ultimate breakfast skillet or morning broccoli bake for a larger breakfast spread that the whole family can enjoy. This Pancake Mix Crepes recipe will elevate the standard flapjacks if you’re in the mood for pancakes. Don’t forget to include these grilled portobello mushrooms, which go great with hash browns and omelettes.
As much as my family does, I hope you like this chocolate smoothie bowl. How can you refuse something that is so wonderful, creamy, and refreshing? Enjoy!
We, at Crypto Food, offer several tips about the important aspects of food and a healthy lifestyle. We tend to assist you to arrange specifically for varied food varieties and supply you with complete help to browse our weblog to grasp additional tips.