This fruit cream recipe is a very simple and unique dessert made with fresh seasonal fruits, cream, honey, and spices. It’s packed with flavor and can be made in minutes with your favorite fruits. You can Serve the creamy fruit salad chilled or straight after making it.
Fruit cream or fruit salad with cream or creamy fruit salad is a great dessert choice because it is quick and easy to prepare. This dessert includes mixed fruits and cream. For fruits, you can add bananas, pears, dragon fruit, pomegranates, blueberries, or any other fruit of your choice. Try to match the flavor perfectly.
One amazing thing about this dessert is that it contains a rosewater fragrance. It adds a delicious subtle rose flavor that compliments any fruit very well. Also, you don’t need to add too much rose water because the delicate aroma can throw off the balance of the dish if you add it.
If you don’t have rose water on hand, you can substitute it with vanilla or citrusy orange peel. These ingredients also enhance the taste of this dessert.
You have a few options when it comes to fruit. You can add mangoes, apples, figs, kiwis, berries, jujubes, and sapote (chikoo). Most importantly, cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces to make the dessert easy to eat.
Avoid very acidic fruits such as oranges, as they do not go well with dairy products. In addition, watery fruits such as melons should be avoided because they let water into the desert and affect the structure of the whipped cream, making it runny.
Making fruit cream
- Collect and wash the fruits that you will add to the dessert. Cut them into small cubic pieces. If using smaller berries, add them whole, but if using strawberries, chop them first.
- Add 1 cup of whipping cream, two tablespoons of honey, and one tablespoon of rose water to a bowl and mix it well.
- If you are not a fan of honey, you can use maple syrup, powdered sugar, or icing sugar. You can add vanilla extract instead of rose water.
- Whip the mixture until the soft peaks emerge. Whipping takes 2 or 3 minutes maximum to generate soft peaks at medium speed.
- After whipping, add the chopped fruits of your choice. You can add the below-mentioned fruits also.
- 1-2 dragon fruits
- One cup blueberries/strawberries/blackberries.
- 1 or 2 bananas
- One pear or an apple
- One cup of pomegranate arils.
When it’s mango season, add mangoes as they add a delicious tropical flavor to the fruit custard dessert.
Must avoid these fruits
- Must avoid watery fruits such as melons, as they will dilute the cream if you want to chill the dessert for a few hours.
- Avoid adding citrus fruits, as they are incompatible with dairy products and can cause stomach upset.
- Mix the cream well with chopped fruits.
- You can serve it straight away, or if you want to serve it cold, then you can chill it for an hour before serving.
- To add more flavor and make it look good, you can also garnish it with pistachios, some pomegranate arils, and the zest of one orange.
- If you want, you can also decorate it with chopped or slivered nuts
- If you like, it can also be drizzled with honey or maple syrup, or caramel syrup on top
Some additional tips
Gently mix the mixture with the chopped fruit. It’s so easy to make a vegan version of this dessert. Use coconut or cashew cream as a base instead of whipped cream, and drizzle with maple syrup instead of honey.
Although this recipe is easy to adapt, some fruits should be avoided. Water-based fruits like melons do not work well in a fruit and cream salad and make the cream runny. You want to avoid this because it affects the overall texture of the desert. Acidic fruits, which do not go well with dairy products, should also be avoided.
Fruit puree can also be used to flavor the cream. Mango, strawberry, and raspberry puree go well with whipped cream. If you choose to add fruit puree, gently fold in the puree after adding the cream. Then add the chopped mixed fruit and follow the rest of the recipe.
This dessert is very easy to customize according to your taste. For a special crunch, chop the nuts and add them after mixing the fruit and cream. You can also add dried fruit to add sweetness or spice up your dessert by adding cardamom powder, grated nutmeg, ground cinnamon, ground pumpkin spic,e or vanilla extract.
You can halve, double or triple the amount of this dessert depending on how many people you plan to feed. If you want to make it in large quantities, the number of ingredients will increase accordingly. Make sure to measure first how many ingredients are sufficient to make a particular amount of fruit cream.
This fruit cream recipe is very special and unique. It tastes delicious and is easy to make. It is an Indian dessert. Different fruits are added to the cream and easily get mixed. This dessert is very refreshing and light, and thus it is the best sweet that completely satisfies us. If we are concerned about our health then also it suits us perfectly as it is made up of fresh & nutritious food. Thus, it’s also the easiest and tastiest method to make children eat healthy & nutritious food.
We at Crypto Food, offer several tips about the healthy food in our lives and the other important aspects of the food. We tend to assist you to arrange specifically for varied food varieties and supply you with complete help to browse our weblog to grasp additional tips.