Looking for a quick and easy side dish? Give a try this recipe for Onion Salad! This North Indian Onion Salad is a popular raw onion recipe that can either be made with red, white, or sweet onions depending on your tastes and availability. It is a Vegan Dish.
- 1 medium to large onion, thinly sliced into rings
- ¼ tsp red chili powder or cayenne pepper or as per taste
- ½ to 1 tsp chaat masala (optional)
Also Read: Sweet-Tangy Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar or as per taste
- Chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves
- Salt to taste, any edible rock salt or black salt, or regular salt as required
How to make spiced onion salad
- Slice one large onion into thin rings or rounds.
- Take the onion rings in a bowl.
- Add red chili powder, chaat masala (optional), and chopped mint leaves into it.
- Add salt as required.
- Lastly, add lemon juice or vinegar.
- Toss everything very well.
- Then check the seasoning and add more salt, red chili powder, or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve the spiced onion salad immediately.
- This recipe can be effortlessly multiplied to double or triple.
- The number of spices can be customized as per your preferences.
Q1 Which is best in a salad, white onion, red onion, or green onion?
Ans All of them are great so, it would depend on what you have on hand or want to use.
Q2 What is the best onion for salads?
Ans Yellow onions are drier and have a higher sulphur content. Red onions in salads, as they’re milder and sweeter than yellow onions, but some people think they’re too strong. White onions are a little stronger than red onions and are closer to yellow onions in flavor, but slivered are good in salads. Green onions will please most people.
Q3 What is the benefit of eating raw onion every day as a salad?
Ans Eating raw onions every day can lower your blood sugar can prevent tooth decay stomach ulcers and asthma.