Sprouts Salad Recipe with step by step instructions. Moong sprouts salad is very easy to make and also has a good taste with a good source of protein. It is Gluten Free, Low Fat, and a Vegan Recipe. Although, you will be able to get ready-made sprouted moong beans from the market. However, it is always better to sprout the moong beans at home.
Once the moong beans have been sprouted then we have a quick salad recipe in hand and you can simply flavor it as per your taste. You’ll be able to be extremely innovative in creating this dish spicy, crunchy, sourish, or sweet. It is much possible with sprouted moong beans. They are typically eaten in some Indian recipes like pani puri or bhel puri or usual or Dahi papdi chaat.
In this sprouts salad recipe, it is crucial to boil the sprouts until they are completely cooked. The water that we tend to use to boil sprouts is mostly discarded. However, that water is healthy and might be used for cooking or may be given to your plants or herbs that you are growing in your garden. If you would like the moong sprouts to be crunchy then you can even keep it half boiled.
What you will need to make moong beans sprouts salad
- Two bowls of sprouted moong beans
- One finely chopped small or medium-sized onion
- One finely sliced medium size tomato
- One green chili – finely sliced (optional)
- One finely chopped boiled potato or boiled sweet potato (optional)
- One small raw mango chopped (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ or one teaspoon chaat masala
- Salt or black salt, as required
- One teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- Few coriander leaves for garnishing
- Lemon slices for garnishing
Instructions to make sprouts salad
- Take two cups of boiled moong sprouts in a big bowl.
- Add one small-sized finely chopped onion and one medium-sized finely chopped tomato.
- Next, add one finely chopped green chili, one boiled potato (optional).
- Add chopped raw mango into it (optional).
- Then add ¼ teaspoon red chili powder.
- Add ½ or one teaspoon chaat masala (optional).
- Lastly, season with salt and pour lemon juice as required.
- Mix it well.
- Garnishing with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- And serve it.
Variations in making sprouts salad
- Simply, add finely chopped tomato, chopped onion, green chili, and sprinkle black salt and a couple of drops of lemon on it. You can make this sprout salad for breakfast.
- You can also add boiled potatoes in addition to onions and tomatoes or you can use the boiled sweet potatoes that are the substitute for boiled potatoes.
- Looking for sweet sprouts salad then add fruits and dry fruits of your choice, like the citrus fruits- orange and sweet lime will go well with moong sprouts. Other fruits are pomegranate or mangoes can also be added.
- You can also boost its nutritional value by adding roasted peanuts or seeds like sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin.
This sprout salad is especially good for those people who do not have enough time for cooking, like those who are staying away from family for job or studies. This is an excellent recipe for both- summers and winters.
At Crypto Food, you will find more recipes that are healthy, nutritious, and tasty.
Q1 Can fruits and sprouts be combined in salads?
Q2 How can we make a protein salad?
Ans Add in all protein rich foods like legumes, dals, quinoa with lots of veggies in it. Seeds can also be added to it and mixed well.
Q3 How can I make vegetarian protein salad?
Ans Some of the best protein vegetarian sources include sprouts, legumes, dals and paneer, along with seeds (pumpkin, watermelon, sunflower, etc.). Boiling these dals etc you can make a great salad out of it. Refer the given recipe of sprout salad.